Tips for Using Crystals in Meditation
As we’ve shared many times, we are big believers that there is no one size fits all when it comes to meditation. Just as we all learn in different ways (visual, auditory, tactile), we will all experience different benefits and effectiveness with specific meditations tools and techniques. For those more tactile oriented, meditation stones or crystals can be an effective tool to help with focus and connecting with our intuition. Because crystals come from the earth, they are great grounding tools and hold an energetic vibration that can help bring our own vibrations into sync by dispelling our negative energy and infusing positive energy.
Below you will find a few of our go to crystals, how to use them in meditation and additional resources to learn more.
- Rose Quartz (pink): Promotes LOVE
- Carnelian (orange): Boosts ENERGY
- Citrine (yellow): Provides mental CLARITY
- Aventurine (green): Encourages CREATIVITY
- Amethyst (purple): Promotes PEACE
- Quartz (clear): Increases INSPIRATION
How to Use: Engaging touch as a point of focus
- Get settled in a comfortable space and place your stones in front of you.
- Choose a combination of stones to hold in each hand. You can choose one for each hand or just whatever you feel drawn to in the moment.
- You can either let the stones rest in your palms with palms up, or you can close the palms and face down resting on your lap.
- Now choose a property from one of the crystals (love, focus, stability, peace).
- Set your timer for anywhere from 5-20 minutes.
- Take a few deep breaths with your eyes closed.
- Inhale and exhale through the nose slowly as you begin to feel your body settle.
- Begin to just become aware of the stone(s) in your hand.
- Notice any sensations or vibrations.
- You can now introduce the property of the stone that you chose earlier, and silently repeat that phrase.
- If thoughts arise (and they will), simply bring your attention back to the stone(s) in your hands and repeat the phrase.
- Once the timer goes off, sit for a few more moments in stillness.
- Grab a stone throughout your day as a grounding tool or focal point in stressful moments.
- Use the stones as a design element in your bedroom or office as a reminder of the commitment to your daily practice and being present.